Sunday, September 28, 2008

We are in the process of tiling our living room, dining room and kitchen. The bad part is ripping up the old carpet. It seems to have given the pets fleas or something. I can't actually see fleas on them, but they are miserable, so I've bathed them in the shampoo and had the bug man come spray the house. Keep your fingers crossed this works.
Next we had to remove the old "glue" that the asbestos tile was held down with. What a process. It took some noxious chemical and sand and a lot of scraping to get it up, but it is done.
We hope to tile the living room the second week in October.
Tony, Suzie and the kids are headed to Disney land for the kids' fall break. What fun for them.
I'll be having surgery. I have to have a bunch of "female" stuff done that doesn't thrill me at all. Bleck.
Then I'm concentrating on my room. I have too many clothes to fit in the space I have. So I'm weeding them out and donating them to a Women's Shelter. It will be a good thing.
On a sad note: After 20 years I had to put down two of my cats as they were very sick. I'll miss Mowgli and Butterscotch. Great cats. Spoiled, but great.
Not much else to blog about.
T

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM , Blogger Crissie said...

I totally feel for you with tearing out old flooring. We had to do that when we redid our kitchen and living room so it could be acid stained. I realize your post is from just over a month ago, but my deepest sympathy goes out to you over the loss of your cats. They are just as much a part of our families as if they had been born into it. Hope all is well with you!
((HUGS))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home